After your hospital bag has everything for you, then move on to the essentials for baby.
- A car seat. If you’re driving home, this is non-negotiable—they won’t let you take your baby home from the hospital without a car seat, and it should be already installed.
- A going-home outfit. Pack two different outfits in different sizes because you don’t know how big or small your baby will be!.
- Your pediatrician’s contact information. The doctors and nurses will ask you for this information several times, so it’s good to have it handy. Include the email or fax number for the pediatrician’s office so they can easily forward your baby’s medical records.
- Bottles, if you’re using. If you plan to bottle-feed from the get go, pack at least two for the hospital.
- Do not bring diapers or wipes! The hospital has all the diapers and wipes you’ll need. In fact, one Babylist parent suggested bringing an extra bag for all the freebies you’ll bring home from hospital.