First pack your hospital bag for yourself.
- A robe. A comfortable robe is one of the best postpartum clothing items out there.
- Toiletries. Don’t forget these!
- Comfortable clothes. If you plan on breastfeeding after delivery, pack a nursing bra or tank in your bag.
- Drinks. Pack a reusable water bottle and, if you want something more than water, an electrolyte drink, like Gatorade or coconut water.
- An extra-long cell phone charging cord. Babylist parents could not recommend this enough. Hospital beds are notoriously far away from an electrical outlet, and you’ll want a fully charged phone for all the pictures you are about to take of your new baby.
- Pillows and a bath towel. As it turns out, hospital towels are the exact opposite of luxurious hotel towels—thin, scratchy and entirely too small.
- Adult diapers. The hospital will hook you up with pads and those mesh underwear, but many Babylist parents said adult diapers, like Depends, were more comfortable and felt more secure.
- Bluetooth speaker and Spotify playlist. Playing music during labor can be an asset for some.